Monday, August 8, 2011

The Last Month

It seems that as the weather has been colder, my photo-taking and posting here has been much less frequent! Hopefully as things warm up again, I will be able to get back to being here much more often (with some interesting things to say too ofcourse!)

It has been fairly chilly in Melbourne, but last week was almost warm! And there is blossom coming out on the trees, as-well as huge magnolias coming out in flower, which is always very welcome at this time of year!

We have had some fun adventures, including a trip on the Maldon Steamtrain. Lachie thought this was pretty amazing, and it was well-worth the trip out to the country for the ride. The carriage was completely original, with all of the old brass fittings and luggage racks. It felt like being on the set of an old movie ...


Lachie also had his first ride on a Carousel, which he also thought was pretty fantastic. He called them 'Pa Denis' Horses!'
Brent didn't realise I was taking the photo above, but I think the resemblance is quite amusing!
When the weather's been anything other than rainy and wet, we have tried to be outside as much as possible. Mr Lachie is not one for sitting around inside too long it seems!

This is my brother Andy (who while I write this will be about two hours from landing in Stockholm, where he is going to live with his girlfriend Cecilia!). I am so excited for them, although I'm of-course sad that they are not so close-by. But, it's all the more reason to plan some holidays!
Here, Lachie is hanging out in one of Andy's cars. They both share a passion for anything involving wheels and engines...
The cafe pictured below is a new cafe I've found here in Melbourne. It has really great coffee and plenty of good food to buy. I'll definitely be going back here ...

Here, Lachie is enjoying a game of cars with his Auntie Cecilia (my brother's girlfriend). CC works with kids and is a natural at being around them and having fun...


Please say 'hi' in the comments section if you are visiting, it's always great to know who (if anyone!) is keeping us on their blog-lists! (and I'll try to be back more often myself too!)


No comments: