Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A long time coming

It's been 13 months since I last posted here, and I'm sad about it because this blog has been such a great way to keep track of what we do with ourselves, & keep in touch with people interstate & overseas.... But, it's been such a huge year & I really do want to sum it all up, especially as its been almost all of Lachies 3rd year missed here in the blog, & I want to remember the wonderful things that have happened & how much his little world has changed these past 13 months.

So, here I am, blogging from my iPhone (which I only just realised you can do), & wondering how to sum up such a huge year.

You see, in the new years of 2012, Brent & I decided it was time we made the move back to SA. We felt like it was time to have another baby (lachie was coming up to hos 3rd birthday in May), & the thought of another baby in Melbourne with little support didn't really interest either of us. But deciding to move back meant trying to work out the logistics - buying a house, selling our house in Melbourne, finding a job for Brent, quitting my job (we decided I would be home full-time for the first time since lachie was 1), and to be frank , we had no idea how it would all work out. Well, the long & the short of it is that it did all work out, & in May 2012, Lachie & I jumped into our car & headed back to Adelaide, with Brent following a few days later.

What's followed has been a year of busy-ness, with the renovation (or at-least solid beginnings) of our new/very old house, & the pregnancy & birth of our daughter Maya in December. All in all, 2012 was BIG, and frankly, we're glad it's done with!

And now, we are feeling much, much more settled as our little family of four (plus a lovely adopted farm dog called Thorby). So, here's to getting back into it & restarting things afresh here! and by the way, if you are stopping by, please say hi as I no longer have any idea whose keeping us on their reading lists - i'd love to hear from you!



















No comments: