Friday, April 8, 2011

:: Garden Stew ::

One of my favourite things to do when I was little was making 'stews' - going out into the garden & mixing up dirt, water & any seeds, pods, flowers or petals I could scavenge
Today, Lachie and I did a bit of 'stewing' in the garden, & I think it kept us both amused for about 2 hours!
The beauty of making a stew is you can talk about each thing you put in, touch and smell the petals or seeds or bits of bark and leaves, or just be quiet and enjoy the peace and sunshine without the need for filling in the silence ...
and then slosh it all about with some water and dirt and see what it turns into ...
Lachie was so absorbed in this that we passed almost the whole morning together, quietly absorbed in the fun that can be had with dirt and water and sunshine...

No comments: