Monday, April 4, 2011

::Things from my retro Granny::


My parents recently had to clear up a holiday house where they had stored lots of things from my granny's house after she died. My mum keeps lots of things and I have told her off a lot (in my lovely, daughterly way!) for keeping things that I thought were old rubbish. Well, as I'm getting a bit older, I'm now so glad that she's kept so many things that I can remember from when I was a kid. This flour sifter is a recent find and I can remember my granny using it when she cooked her 'french scone' or mixed up her 'nutties'. She was always one to follow a recipe down to the last word (she always sifted her flour - something I rarely do...)

I can also remember these beaters, which I used to love playing with as a kid. They are really heavy and old, and I can remember making 'concoctions' with water and leaves and toothpaste and other stuff I found around the kitchen and bathroom, and then whizzing them up so they went all bubbly and weird looking...

And Lachie loves them too - check out that look of concentration...

No comments: